Sunday, November 24, 2019

2019 NanoPoblano Post #8

Last year, I wrote about wanting to be a better journal writer.  [Monday Musings]  This is something I’ve been trying to get back into for a couple of years now, but I’ve not been very consistent at it.  Part of the reason is due to the fact that I don’t have one of those exciting lives that others seem to have, so I find it hard to know what to write about.  “I felt redundant about washing the dishes” just doesn’t seem like a worthwhile journal entry.  That’s not a complaint, just an observation.  I draw blanks when thinking about where to start. 

Still, I feel compelled to write.  I’ve geeked out over stationery and pens and books and paper and writing my entire life.  I have a strong drive to understand things, and learn the why of things, and know things – about God, the world, my self, my relationships.  In my head, I am constantly journaling.  I am a journalist by nature, but in practice?  Well, that’s been another story. 

In my efforts to overcome that, I’ve been saving links to journal prompts that looked promising, that might give someone like me a place to start.  I’ve decided on the one from Boho Berry Challenge!  to begin with.  (I scrolled to the bottom and went to each post and printed up an entire year’s worth).  I picked up some inexpensive books from Amazon to write in.  I can get 2 months in each book (I can double up on the day when a month has 31 days as my entries probably won’t be that long) and I used some washi tape to stick the prompts right into the books, one to the inside front cover, one to the inside back.  Plus, the books are inexpensive enough and plain enough that I can decorate the covers if I want, so bonus creativity points. 

Sometimes, beginning is the hardest first step.  Prompts can help!

20190207_133318_thumb120190207_133347_thumb1

For the record, no, I’m not participating in the #BohoBerryChallenge because #IntrovetIssues, and I could never post such personal journal entries publically.  But I can totally support those who are participating.  🙂  This is my “play along at home” version.  😀

Do you use prompts to help you overcome journal hurdles? 

 

Great Journal Prompts| Penzu

Journal Writing Prompts – Journal Ideas to Inspire You

119 Journal Prompts for Your Journal Jar – Daring to Live Fully

21 Thought-Provoking Questions to Ask Ourselves

20 Wacky and Not-So Wacky Journal Prompts for Self-Discovery | Make a Mess: Everyday Creativity

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

Journal Prompts – Journal Ideas to Inspire you

Boho Berry Challenge!

Monthly Memoir Prompts: Unlock Your Past Through Journaling | Page Flutter

52 Weeks of Self-Discovery Prompts for Your Bullet Journal | Page Flutter

__________________________________________________

 

Previous post entries:

  1. 2019 NanoPoblano Post #1

  2. 2019 NanoPoblano Post #2

  3. 2019 NanoPoblano Post #3

  4. 2019 NanoPoblano Post #4

  5. 2019 NanoPoblano Post #5

  6. 2019 NanoPoblano Post #6

  7. 2019 NanoPoblano Post #7

 

Previous sharing entries:

  1. NanoPoblano2019 Sharing #1

  2. NanoPoblano2019 Sharing #2

  3. NanoPoblano2019 Sharing #3

  4. NanoPoblano2019 Sharing #4

  5. NanoPoblano2019 Sharing #5

  6. NanoPoblano2019 Sharing #6

  7. NanoPoblano2019 Sharing #7

  8. NanoPoblano2019 Sharing #8

 

__________________________________________________

nanopoblano2019

All rights reserved by Vanessence

*****

Nano Poblano

CheerPeppers WordPress Reader List

#NanoPoblano2019, NanoPoblano, NanoPoblano2019, CheerPeppers, #CheerPeppers, #NaBloPoMo, TinyPeppers, #NanoPoblano, #TeamTinyPeppers,

*****



via WordPress

2019 NanoPoblano, #CheerPeppers, #NaBloPoMo, NanoPoblano, NanoPoblano2019, TeamTinyPeppers, TinyPeppers

No comments:

Post a Comment