Monday, September 7, 2015

Nature Monday

It has been a rough week in the garden, to say the least.  I’ve been trying to keep things watered, but it has been so very hot and humid.  I tend to water in the evening when temps are a bit cooler, but that’s mosquito dinner time, lol.  My daughter used to hang out with me when I watered, but this week, not so much!  She’s mosquito candy and can’t stay with me more than a couple minutes during watering time.  Fortunately, it’s supposed to cool down – into the 60s even! – toward the end of the week, so that will be some real relief.

I had to do some serious deadheading, too.  There were so many spent blooms that I basically sheared the top of nearly all my pots.  I am hopeful the severe cutback, along with the cooler temps, will cause some flowers to burst forth with a bit of end-of-season joy.  I’m looking at you, Pansies!

100_1538

This one is still my favorite for the week.  It’s the only one that doesn’t look more dead than alive. 

100_1546

I did notice though, that one of my Lavender plants has some little flower buds on it!  I thought for sure this one wasn’t going to make it earlier in the season.  I’ve been giving it a double dose of water, trying to nurse it along, and now, buds!  Woo! 

100_1563

How’s your garden faring this week? 

All rights reserved by Vanessence

 


Filed under: Garden Tagged: Garden, Gardening

via WordPress

Garden, Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment