Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Nature Monday

Yes, I know it’s not really Monday, but that’s when I took the pictures, so I’m backdating this post.  I was so pressed for time – my delivery was late and came right before dinner so I was trying to do a million things at once, and I didn’t get out to take pictures until after dinner.  And now that the sun is going down so much earlier, well, I had to take some night shots and use the flash.  I thought it gave things a bit of an interesting twist though.

My froggie toad is still living in the garden.  My daughter and I discovered him a few weeks ago, so I put an old jar behind one of the pots.  I filled it with water and placed it on it’s side.  I figured the toad would have been long gone, but nearly every time I go out to water, he jumps out from under one of the plants and scares the crap out of me.  (My husband is probably paying him off.)  Next year maybe I’ll fashion a little house and see if I can draw another toad to move in.  Lord knows there are plenty of bugs for them to eat! 

100_1597

I love this pot this week.  The Sweet Alyssum is nearly gone but the Potato Vine is still hanging on, as is the silvery Dusty Miller.  Love that stuff!  I even got some more blooms out of the Dianthus after the brutal deadheading I made last week.  I haven’t gone past 21 weeks before and this is week 20 now.  Autumn is set to arrive next week, but the projected temperatures I’m seeing still don’t have any frost warnings, so maybe I’ll get a couple more weeks out of the garden yet. 

100_1593

This pot was encouraging too.  And I just love how bold those colors are on the pansies!  They might make a resurgence with the cooler temps coming, we’ll see. 

100_1580

So that’s how my garden is hanging on this week.  How’s yours doing?

All rights reserved by Vanessence

 


Filed under: Garden Tagged: Garden, Gardening

via WordPress

Garden, Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment