Sunday, October 18, 2015

Amazon Sues 1,114 People For ‘Fake’ Reviews

Online retail giant Amazon is suing more than 1,000 people it accuses of writing fake reviews on its website.According to court papers filed for the lawsuit, Amazon says its brand reputation is being tarnished by “false, misleading and inauthentic” reviews.

Source: Amazon Sues 1,114 People For ‘Fake’ Reviews

I was actually glad to see this article in my news feed today.  I’m glad to see Amazon taking a pro-active stance on protecting the review process.  I know I, and lots of others, check reviews before buying things to see what other people have to say about products.  False reviews are like false advertising and should be squelched in any legitimate marketplace.

I kind of hope they find the companies that are actually the ones paying for fake reviews and remove their products from the Amazon store, as well as the individuals doing it.  If they have to lie to try to get our business, then I don’t want them having my business.

Thank you, @Amazon.

OctSigSmall.png


Filed under: Current Events, In The Media Tagged: Amazon, News, Reviews

via WordPress

Current Events, In The Media, Amazon, News, Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment