Monday, October 26, 2015

Nature Monday

I can’t believe it – 26 weeks of a garden!  An entire half a year!  In Northern IL!  Seriously, how epic is that?!  And some of the plants still even look halfway decent, too.  The Snapdragons, Dianthus, and Marigolds are the heaviest hitters, but the Dusty Miller is holding pretty steady, and the Sweet Alyssum is hanging in there, as well.  I am so thrilled, can you tell?  lol

10-26-2015GW26 (4)

I had to give a nod to the Dianthus this week, after 2 weeks straight of Snapdragons.  Their color is so vibrant still.

10-26-2015GW26 (7)

I really love Asparagus Fern.  I love its lightness and airiness.  It’s so feathery looking and fills out so well.  I hope to get more next year.

10-26-2015GW26 (13)

I was trying to get close-ups of some of the flowers and I thought this one of the Lavender stalk would make a nice one and stand out against the beige of the pot behind it.  Note to self, don’t try to take close-up shots of flowers on a breezy day.  It only looks like the Lavender is photo-bombing the Marigold pot.  D’oh!  Silly Lavender!

10-26-2015GW26 (38)

What I did experiment with though, is the Windows Live Photo Gallery.  That’s what I use for my blog posts with photos.  They have this collage feature I’ve never tried before, so I put in some of the close-ups I took today to see what kind of collage they would make.  I’m actually pretty pleased with how it turned out! 

10-26-2015GW26 (43) Collage

So that’s the news from the garden this week.  And who knows?  At this rate, barring any freezes this week, there might even be a Week 27! 

How’s your hobby going?

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Garden Tagged: Garden, Gardening

via WordPress

Garden, Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment