Friday, December 21, 2018

Funnies

That’ll Be Fine

A recent transplant to the mountains of North Carolina writes: The folks around these parts have a peculiarity that drives me nutty. You ask them an “either/or” question, and their answer is– “That’ll be fine!”

I asked a lady the other night who was coming through my register at Wal-Mart, “Ma’am, would you like your milk in a bag or not?”

“That’ll be fine,” was her reply.

I looked quizzically at her, and asked, “Does that mean ‘yes’ or ‘no’?”

“I said that that’ll be fine,” was her answer. Since I was holding it up in my hand, out of a bag, I decided to assume that “that” in this case meant “that naked jug of milk that you’re holding in your hand, not in a bag.”

This feeling was further reinforced by a slight nod of the head towards the jug just as she said the word “that’ll.” I set the jug in the buggy without putting it in a sack.

“I said I wanted it in a bag,” she complained. “You want me to shout it or write it down for you?

“That’ll be fine!” I replied.

*****

Hahahaha!

Have a fine weekend!  đŸ˜€

All rights reserved by Vanessence



via WordPress

Funnies, Jokes, Laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment