Monday, April 20, 2015

hAPPy Monday

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood, isn’t it?  Man, that makes me miss Mr Rogers, big time.  It’s chilly and rainy here, but that’s okay – God’s watering the garden.  Or, as a lady I once knew called rain, it’s a liquid sunshine day.  Smile

I’m still playing with task-oriented apps.  My latest is one called Wunderlist

 Wunderlist | To-do list, Reminders, Errands – App of the Year!

What I like about it is that it’s a fast, clean app.  There aren’t a lot of bells and whistles to weigh it down and make it slow to start.  Since all it does is lists, there isn’t a whole lot of other stuff to get in the way. 

I decided to consolidate all the lists I had amongst other apps I’ve tried out, and realized I have one really big to-do list.  *sigh*  And here I was hoping I’d have a lot of duplicates.  But no! 

So far, I like that it’s fast and simple.  I like that I can add “partners-in-crime” as it were, like my kids or my husband, if there are things I’d like them to address.  I like that there are reminders I can utilize.  I like that it comes in a lot of different flavors – Android, Apple, Windows, Web, even Kindle Fire.  So even if I had friends who used, say, an iPhone, I could share a list with them without any extra hoops to jump through. 

Yes, Evernote has many of these features, too.  And I’m playing with them.  I haven’t decided yet if I want all my day to day tasks in the same place as my notes and bookmarks.  At the moment, Wunderlist is easier to navigate because I have fewer lists there than I do notebooks in Evernote

I also really like Google Keep for many of the same reasons I like Wunderlist, but lately it’s been giving me fits when I try to open it from a link on my desktop, and it’s been difficult to load in Chrome, as well.  Not sure if it’s in an update process or what, but it bugs me.  Besides, it’s nice to have back-ups and alternatives.  Smile

Do you have a favorite task app that makes your life easier?  If you do, please share what it is!

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Apps, Tech Stuff Tagged: Apps, Tech Stuff, Wunderlist

via WordPress

Apps, Tech Stuff, Wunderlist

No comments:

Post a Comment