Monday, May 11, 2015

Nature Monday

It was a gloriously wet weekend here at the Darc House.  It poured down Friday night while my beloved and I went to exchange his phone.  It rained Saturday and Sunday as well, and it also rained this morning.  There was no need to water the garden at all, so I’m thankful the Lord took care of that for me.  Smile 

So far, the garden is looking pretty decent.  I still have all my plants, although this morning there was a soon-to-be-crispy critter digging in my marigold pot.  [If I catch him, he’s toast!]  I think it may have been a chipmunk, so now I have a bottle of cayenne pepper sauce coming so I can make a spray to keep him away. 

100_0988

I think my favorite pot this week is one of the celosia pots.  It’s looking so clean and happy and so far, no wilting.  I do need to keep an eye on it though, as overwatering will drown them and we’ve had a lot of rain.  These flowery flames like it on the dry side.

100_0972

I’m really happy with my in-ground plants, too.  Everything seems to be taking really well.  I don’t have any flowers yet on the daylilies, but the daisies sure look happy!  Aren’t they friendly and cheerful looking? 

See my little garden lights?  It’s lame how happy those silly lights make me, but every evening when they go on, I want to clap.  I ordered some more for the patch under the window.  Open-mouthed smile

100_0984

And I have to add one more picture – this was waiting for me when I got up Mother’s Day morning.  My husband snuck out while I was still sleeping and picked up these lovely roses and this adorable bear.  He knows I don’t like the huge bouquets of flowers but he thought just a couple would make me happy, and he was right.  I love the smell and I can’t keep my face our of them, lol.  Plus, yellow bear – perfect!  It reminded me how much I love teddy bears, so I spent half of Sunday making a new Teddy Bear desktop theme for my computer.  The kids also made me the sweetest, most loving card.  I am so blessed.  Smile

0510151143

How about you?  How’s your garden growing?  How was your Mother’s Day, if you participated in that, and if not, how was your weekend?

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Garden Tagged: Garden, Gardening

via WordPress

Garden, Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment