Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thankfulness

It’s the first Thursday of the month and you know what that means!  Yep, it’s time to get the gratitude on and be thankful for something.  Smile

This month I’ve focused on coconut oil.  My husband teases me now because my answer to most things is, “Rub some coconut oil on it.”  Got a scrape?  Coconut oil.  Dry or itchy skin?  Coconut oil.  Bug bite?  Canker sore?  Coconut oil. 

L210560P-013_org_Cocnut_ref_v10_1013

I make a lotion or balm using coconut oil and a couple of other oils, plus a few drops of some essential oils and my skin has never been so soft.  I used to buy some brand name creams and lotions, but they didn’t work half as well on my skin as coconut oil has.  My complexion is better now than it was when I was a kid.  I’ve also just recently started using it to deep condition my hair and so far so good in that area, too.  My husband uses it on his hair sometimes, and his hair is soft as a mink’s. 

I got a huge jar so I can also start using it in my soap recipes. 

I wish I had known about the benefits of coconut oil years ago.  I do believe my life would be a little different.  I probably wouldn’t have struggled with some of the skin issues I have.  I am so thankful it’s part of my life now! 

Is there a product that has impacted your life, that you’re particularly thankful for?

101 Uses for Coconut Oil

Coconut Oil Diet Benefits

10 Proven Health Benefits of Coconut Oil (No. 3 is Best)

All rights reserved by Vanessence

Image via: Coconut Oil, Organic, Refined | Spectrum | Healthy Organic, Artisan and Omega-3 Supplement Oils


Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Thankfulness

via WordPress

Thankfulness

No comments:

Post a Comment