Monday, May 18, 2015

Nature Monday

So, why was Mary so contrary if her garden was growing?  I never did understand that one.  It must have been one of those little poems that had nothing to do with what it seemed, but was a secret code for something else.

Okay, now I’m kind of sorry I asked!  The Real Meaning of Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

Anyway, here’s the garden this week, as of this morning.  I’m so happy with it!  Seems everything has flowers, and even the daylilies have buds on them now.  Things are starting to look settled and established.  Even the grass is looking nice and bright, what with all the rain we’ve had recently.

100_1016

Look at how the sweet alyssum is blooming!  It has the most wonderful fragrance.  I wish someone made an air freshener fragrance out of that stuff.

100_1002

I think this one is my favorite this week – just look at those colors pop!  I love the brightness of it, the bold yellow and pink combined make me happy.

100_1003

Almost forgot to mention, the little critter who was digging around last week seems to have given up after my attempts to thwart him.  I did some research and found that chipmunks don’t like hair, or hot sauce.  So I ordered hot sauce but before it got here, I cleaned my hairbrush and put the hair in the pot and then covered it with a little dirt.  He tried to dig once after that, but not since then.  Now I have this huge bottle of hot sauce!  LOL  At least I have it on hand in case he comes back.  :D  Maybe I can use it as a bug spray.

Click to view slideshow.

How’s your garden growing this week?

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Garden, Seasonal Tagged: Flowers, Garden, Gardening, Seasonal

via WordPress

Garden, Seasonal, Flowers, Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment