Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Cancer, Depression, and Keto

As I’ve read through blogs lately, the past couple of months or so, it seems to me that a lot of folks in the blogging circle I travel around are struggling to cope with some serious health issues themselves, or have loved ones who are.  Health issues are so frightening!  It’s like your own body is betraying you!  I pray for each one of you when I read about what’s going on with you. 

There is no magic wand I can wave that would take away illness – boy how I wish there was!  And I know no one really wants to get comments on their own blogs that are nosy in “have you tried this or done that?”  Health care is personal.  It can be hard to draw the line between those who are well-meaning and just want to help, and wanting to keep your own treatment private.  I get it.  I do. 

So in trying to find that fine line between wanting to help, and respect people’s privacy, I thought I’d put together a post of my own, sharing some articles I’ve read about cancer, depression, and the Ketogenic diet.  I feel like I would be a really crappy friend if I knew of something that might help in some way, and didn’t say anything.  There is a lot of encouraging news coming out now about using diet as a part of treatment.  While there is nothing that works 100% for everyone, this diet seems to help a lot of people with a lot of things, so I wanted to pass information about it along. 

I’ll just leave this stuff out on the table here, and if anything looks interesting, help yourself!  Smile

Be well.

<3  *hugs*  ~Vanessa

Ancestral Ketogenic Diets and Brain Cancer – The Scarborough Protocol – Jeffry Gerber, MD – Denver’s Diet Doctor

Ketogenic Diet Halts Tumor Growth | The KetoDynamic Antidote

Ketogenic diet starves cancer to death says scientist Dominic D’Agostino | Examiner.com

Ketogenic Diet May Be Key to Cancer Recovery

Ketogenic diet beats chemotherapy for almost all cancers says Thomas Seyfried | Examiner.com

Ketogenic diet fights depression, bipolar disorder and aids weight loss | Examiner.com

Depression Treatment

Your Brain On Ketones | Psychology Today

Long-term effects of a ketogenic diet in obese patients
”Beneficial changes in the brain energy profile have been observed in subjects who are on a ketogenic diet (28). This is a significant observation because cerebral hypometabolism is a characteristic feature of those who suffer from depression or mania (28)”

Your Brain On Ketones | Psychology Today

Eating Fat Improves Mental Health, Study Finds

Ketogenic dieting eliminates my major depression, but why? : keto

Taken to its logical conclusion, these facts suggest that a ketogenic diet would be a fantastically effective treatment for depression.
Conclusion: dietary carbohydrates are the major cause of clinical depression, and a ketogenic diet presents itself as an ideal treatment.

From Low Carb for Health: Carbohydrate Intake and Depression


Filed under: Diet, Health, Information Tagged: Cancer, Depression, Diet, Health, Information, Ketogenic Diet

via WordPress

Diet, Health, Information, Cancer, Depression, Ketogenic Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment