Thursday, March 24, 2016

Happy Purim!

Purim Theme (9)

One of the first things I do online each day is manage the website I still maintain for the Messianic congregation my husband and I were involved with.  I clear out the inbox, forward things to the Rabbi that need his attention, update the daily verse and the Facebook page they have, etc.  In addition to the daily verse, I try to post things in celebration and remembrance of the Jewish holidays, too.  My husband and I try to observe them, also.  Not in an Orthodox way, so much as a way to honor what they mean to us as believers in Christ, Who was, at the heart of it, a Jew.

Today is Purim!

In the twelfth month, which is the month of Adar, on its thirteenth day … on the day that the enemies of the Jews were expected to prevail over them, it was turned about: the Jews prevailed over their adversaries. – Esther 9:1

And they gained relief on the fourteenth, making it a day of feasting and gladness. – Esther 9:17

[Mordecai instructed them] to observe them as days of feasting and gladness, and sending delicacies to one another, and gifts to the poor. – Esther 9:22

Purim is one of the most joyous and fun holidays on the Jewish calendar. It commemorates a time when the Jewish people living in Persia were saved from extermination.

 

In celebration of the day, one of the members of the Facebook group shared a video.  It made me laugh, so I thought I’d share it with you.

Happy Purim!

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Holiday, Video Tagged: Holiday, Jewish, Purim, Video

via WordPress

Holiday, Video, Jewish, Purim

No comments:

Post a Comment