Monday, January 15, 2018

Musings

Didja ever wonder …

what makes some people think they are morally superior to other people? 

I mean, I honestly think it’s a part of the human condition, but I kind of wonder, what makes some people think they know better than other people what’s best for those other people?

Who decides? 

On what do they base their authority?

When I was a little girl, there was a little plaque thing in the house, a joke thing – it read, “Those of you who think you know everything annoy the hell out of those of us who do.”

I always laughed, and I never forgot it (obviously, duh! lol) and even at 6 suspected that somehow the words came from me, that they were supposed to come from everyone who read it, because everyone seems to think that way.

And I wondered where that comes from.  Aside from human arrogance, I mean.  Or, is that the whole of it, human arrogance? 

At some point though, don’t people realize that they really don’t know everything?  And once you know that, how in the world can you think you know what’s best for someone else?  Knowing what’s best for your own bad self is hard enough! 

Things that make me go, “hmm.”

All rights reserved by Vanessence



via WordPress

Musings, Morals, Superiority

No comments:

Post a Comment