Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Topics: Destiny

Today, my word for the week is Destiny.

I can’t even see that word now without thinking of my kids.  For us, Destiny is a video game.  My kids have been avid players for about two years now.  I mean, we have some homemade Destiny type costumes, we have some Destiny artwork, Destiny clothes, Destiny posters on their walls, stickers for their game console – even my husband plays sometimes.  Destiny is big at my place.  We even keep up with Destiny news in the gamer magazines.  Everyone even mimics some of the character voices and expressions on occasion.  Yes, even I will pop off with a line every so often.  😉  Destiny has brought our family together in a few ways.  It’s given my husband a great way to spend time with the kids doing something they love, and there have been plenty of times that we’ve spent just watching the kids play instead of watching a movie, since the game can be so interactive and immersive. 

As for destiny in the sense of predetermination, I don’t think I believe in that.  I do believe the future is known, but not that our actions are outside of our control.  It’s a bit hard to explain, I guess.  Me knowing you are going to click the red X button when you’re done reading, does not mean I’m making you click the red X button.  I just know you will.  Does that help?  That’s basically my view on it.  🙂

Do you have a word for the week?

All rights reserved by Vanessence

destiny

Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

des·ti·ny

(dĕs′tə-nē)

n. pl. des·ti·nies

1. The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person or thing is destined; one’s lot.

2. A predetermined course of events considered as something beyond human power or control: “Marriage and hanging go by destiny” (Robert Burton).

3. The power or agency thought to predetermine events: Destiny brought them together. Destiny – definition of destiny by The Free Dictionary



via WordPress

Topics, Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment