Monday, July 6, 2015

Nature Monday

Another rainy Monday!  It’s starting to be a regular feature around here!  So, did you have a good Independence Day?  The kids and I got to see the fireworks at the local amusement park that we live near, so that was fun.  They had fireworks all 3 weekend nights.  My daughter was a feast for the local mosquito club though.  She has so many bites on her arms, the poor baby.  She probably has 20 bits on each arm.  I have a few bites around my eyes, which is weird and annoying, as well as my feet, and my son only has maybe 2 total.  Clearly my daughter was the pièce de résistance.

The garden is doing well this week, despite the near dehydration I accidentally put them through last week.  And I turned all my pots 180° so the rear sides could get some sunlight, too.  We’re holding steady at nearly halfway through the season, so I’m happy.  Smile

I think this one is my favorite pot this week – these lovely Celosia plants.  They’re very feathery.  In past years (that I’ve been container gardening, not when I had an in-ground garden) they’ve always shriveled up and died on me early on.  Turns out they prefer a dryer patch of dirt to live in, so I’ve been trying to accommodate them.  They seem to like it.  This pot is closer to the wall, as you can see, so it doesn’t get as much rain as the more outer pots.  My strategy is working, it seems!  There is another variety of Celosia that looks like a brain, I believe it’s called Cockscomb Celosia, but this type is a plume type.  They look like colorful candle flames to me. 
100_1240

100_1258

100_1259

100_1261

So how’s your garden growing, or other hobby going, this week?

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Garden Tagged: Garden, Gardening

via WordPress

Garden, Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment