Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Last Day

My daughter is a big-time sleepyhead in the mornings.  She absolutely hates to get up.  I think she probably gets that from her mother.  *ahem*  This morning I went to give her the usual wake-up kiss, and I said, “Don’t go back to sleep!  You don’t want to miss your last day as a nine year old!”

And I realized … after today I will no longer have a child in the single-digits age bracket. 

That’s a bigger milestone for me as a mother than is known to most people. 

And the bittersweet of it made me kind of sad, in a way.  It’s an ending, a closure.  There are no more babies, and my baby will be 10, a whole decade!  Double-digits from here on out, and tomorrow she will be 21, because I will blink and time will have zipped by that fast.

Goodbye, single-digit ages.  I will miss you, terribly.  It’s been more joyful than anyone can know.

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Daily Life, Kids, Motherhood, Parenting, Personal Tagged: Birthday, Daughter, Kids, Motherhood, Parenting

via WordPress

Daily Life, Kids, Motherhood, Parenting, Personal, Birthday, Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment