Monday, July 27, 2015

Nature Monday

Well, we’re coming into the final leg of the season, I suppose, about 2/3 of the way through.  It feels like it’s been such a rough week for the garden.  I need to get out there to do some serious deadheading, too.  We’ve been having some really hot days, and there is something that has decided to make a buffet out of one of my pansy pots.  I. Am. Not. Pleased.  All the leaves are gone.  I suspect something wormy, although I can’t seem to find it.  I have a spray bottle coming this afternoon and I’ll be making a spray to try and tackle this critter.

Plus, several of the trees around the complex have orange tape on them.  I don’t know if that means those trees need to be treated, or cut down.  They started out okay this Spring, but then something happened and the leaf buds never opened.  I’m hoping it’s just some kind of tree illness, because I’d really hate to see them all have to be cut down. 

The rest of the garden is still holding it’s own, although it is getting on the tired side.  We’re sliding into August now, and things will only get drier.  Which means I’m going to have to step up my watering game.

100_1345

This is probably my favorite pot this week.  These Dianthus, aka “Pinks,” are holding their own while still providing a great spot of vibrant color.  They’ve been quietly sitting on the side there, waiting for their chance to shine.  

100_1349

I had another chance to take a close up of one of the flowers from the potato vine.  The last one I posted was kind of washed out.  It’s a very delicate lavender/pinkish color. 

0727151547

So that’s my garden this week.  How’s yours doing?

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Uncategorized

via WordPress

Uncategorized

No comments:

Post a Comment