Monday, July 13, 2015

Nature Monday

Well, things are starting to get a little peaked, but are still looking pretty good.  We’re about to settle into some serious heat this week, so I’ll have to stay on my toes as far as watering goes.  And the deadheading, too!  Can’t forget that! 

100_1289

I couldn’t decide which pot of Snapdragons I liked best, so I picked them both!  Really, it’s almost like one super long pot, the way I have them arranged on the patio.  I love the rainbow of colors – a little bit of everything!  Except blue, hmm.  And purple.  Yes, the world needs blue and purple Snapdragons, I think.  What about you? 

These are the shorter variety of Snapdragons, but there is also one that’s really tall, about 2-3 feet.  They’re very spikey looking and I love them too, but our garden center didn’t have any this year.  My daughter likes to watch the bees pop into the Snapdragon flowers because the petals form like a cup around the bee and snap closed, and then the bee squeezes out once it’s gotten all the pollen it can carry.  They have sort of the face of an Iris, but the snap of a gentle, non-lethal, Venus Fly Trap.  See?  Closed.  Open!

07131514030713151403a100_1277100_1278

How’s your favorite hobby going this week?

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Garden Tagged: Garden, Gardening

via WordPress

Garden, Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment