Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Amazon to Begin Selling Books

 

The titles in Amazon’s bookstore will be offered at the same price as those online. But in addition to books, shoppers at Amazon’s bookstore will also get to peruse the company’s devices, including Kindles, the Echo, the Fire TV, and Fire Tablets.

Amazon to begin selling books — in its own bookstore

So, this is pretty cool, I thought.  And amusing too, in a way.  After all the flap that Amazon has gotten about, “They’re killing the book industry!” they go and open a bookstore, thereby proving how they are SO not killing the book industry. 

For the record, I love Amazon, and I love what they’ve done for reading. and for writers like my husbandAmazon hasn’t killed publishing, the publishing industry is that doing that to itself, all by itself, but that’s a story for another post on other blogs.  [Namely A Newbie’s Guide to Publishing and Kristine Kathryn Rusch – Writer, Editor, Reader, Fan Girl]  I thought it was so awesome to see that Amazon is going to open its own bookstore.  For those folks who love the tactile experience of reading, and the smells of bookstores, what a boon!  I hope it takes off like a rocket! 

How about you?  Are you an e-reader type or are you a bound-book reader?  I think I’m probably about 90% e-reader.  There are a few things I like printed, like my Bible, and textbook type things, and I like to print up recipes because I don’t want to use my device in the kitchen.  But for the most part, once I discovered the Kindle App on my first smartphone, I haven’t looked back.  You know, because my nose was buried in the Kindle … *nyucknyucknyuckrimshot*  Sorry!  lol 

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Current Events, In The Media Tagged: Amazon, Books, Current Events, News, Reading

via WordPress

Current Events, In The Media, Amazon, Books, News, Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment