Wednesday, January 6, 2016

hAPPy Wednesday: Write Right

My husband is looking for the perfect writing software.  I used to look for the perfect pen, now that I think about it.  I remember when I was a teen, going into a local office supply store.  It wasn’t a big box store like they are now, just a local mom and pop type of store.  The guy behind the counter asked if he could help me find anything and I said, “I am looking for the perfect pen.”  He raised his brows at me and kind of laughed.  I didn’t realize what a nerd I was.

Finding the right tool to express yourself with is sometimes a big hurdle to cross.  I have dozens of pens.  My husband has tons of software and keyboards.  We’re alike like that, lol, I’m just a cheaper date.  Winking smile 

I found a link to some software I’d bookmarked as a blog post draft, called Hemingway Editor.  It looks quite awesome, and the web version is free.  The desktop version isn’t all that expensive, at $10 a pop.  It’s not the perfect software my husband is looking for – it doesn’t seem to have a dark version for reducing eye strain, and it doesn’t seem to have navigational aspects to it, like when you use headers in Word.  But for blogging and letters, compositions and general day to day writing, it looks like it’d be a handy dandy tool. 

Do you use any kind of software like that to help strengthen your writing skills?  I’m debating.  I’ve been told that my writing and speaking styles are nothing alike – that anyone reading me would think I’m a totally different person than if they spoke with me.  I’ve been trying to work on that.  I was so conditioned in school on proper sentence structure, grammar, vocabulary, etc.  For me, its difficult to write how I speak.  Basically we were taught not to do that.  But maybe something like Hemingway Editor is worth a shot. 

What’re your thoughts on it?

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Apps, Writing Tagged: Apps, Hemingway Editor, Software, Writing

via WordPress

Apps, Writing, Hemingway Editor, Software

1 comment:

  1. I’m always interested in learning about new content tools because I’m going to go ahead and say that the changes to Google’s algorithms over the past few years are trending toward making the resulting content as relevant to what someone searches as possible. This is the reason why keyword stuffing can’t work anymore. Hemingway gives absolutely no help with this. I’ve been working with a new tool called INK, it has built-in SEO feedback. So far, so good. Another good tool for the tool box, wanted to share it with my fellow writers: http://bit.ly/2ZIT8ht

    ReplyDelete