Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday In Bloom

This is what I started with.  It was actually kind of fun, if cold, going to the big-box garden center while it was raining.  I had pretty much my pick of stuff and no one else was there, except for one other lady.  When my husband came to pick me up, the first thing he said was, “That’s it?!  Are you sure that’s going to be enough?”  I guess since I didn’t get the big bags of dirt, my stash looks pretty light.  I’m actually recycling the soil I used last year, and adding some nutrient-dense fresh soil to what I already had.  All I needed was a few small bags for that.  I call it The Back-Saver Plan.

0501161445a

Every day or two I finished a few pots.  I wanted to get everything in its new home by the end of the week, saving the new in-ground plants for last.  My daughter was an awesome help, as I got a new bag of mulch to freshen up the patches from last year, and she smoothed it all out for me!  She did a fantastic job! 

2016 Garden Weekly 00 | Flickr – Photo Sharing!

*****

 2016 Garden Weekly 01//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js

The perennials are in the ground!  Woo!  The garden is done, now all it needs to do is grow, and all I need to do is water.  I was bummed there weren’t any Snapdragons at the garden center this year.  I love Snaps.  But, I did get a lot of Pansies, one of my favorite flowers. 

My Lavender plants look dead, but there are a few, tiny, shoots that seem like they’re trying to grow.  I haven’t dug the plants up in hopes that as the weather continues to warm up, they will revive.  *fingerscrossed*  This year I added Silver Mound (Artemesia), and Speedwell (Veronica).  Except for the Lavender, everything I planted in-ground last year is looking really good.  I am sooooo thankful the management here let me dig up those yucky half dead shrubs that were there.  [Flashback May Flowers!]

2016 Garden Weekly 01 | Flickr – Photo Sharing!

I feel like shouting, “And they’re off!”  The race to blooming has begun!  Well, it was Derby weekend, so I guess that’s okay.  Smile

05-08-2016 GW01 (17)

05-08-2016 GW01 (9)

Grow, little plants, grow!

How’s your garden growing?

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Garden, In Bloom Tagged: Garden, Gardening, In Bloom

via WordPress

Garden, In Bloom, Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment