Thursday, May 12, 2016

Thankfulness

It’s the 2nd Thursday of the month, and that means it’s time for a Thankfulness post!  Once a month I try to find something outside the standard to be thankful for.  Little, overlooked things that we barely take note of anymore because they’re so much a part of our day to day lives that we don’t really think about them. 

Today I am thankful for the heating pad.  I don’t recall why I got it, or how long ago it was, but I knew it was one of those things a home should have. 

I don’t know what I did to my shoulder, but I can barely move it.  I have to keep my elbow tucked into my side, otherwise my shoulder just screams if I extend it.  That means I’ve been trying to do things with my left hand (hahahaha!) or do the T-Rex dance.  Also hysterical.  Imagine trying to iron with one arm tied to your waist!  And horror of horrors, I can barely reach into the microwave to heat up my coffee.  The door opens on the right so I’ve been trying to reach over the door to get my coffee in and out.  Which reminds me I’m also thankful for the paper towels to clean up coffee splashes!http://ift.tt/1X5afku

The last couple of nights I’ve been trying to sleep with the heating pad on my shoulder.  I should try to finagle a way to put straps on it or something, because trying to keep the flat heating pad on my round shoulder, well, it’s been an adventure!  Lay down, get the heating pad in place ow ow ow ahhh now don’t move don’t move don’t move! Which of course means I wake up a few times all sweaty, and stiff from not moving, but while the pad’s on, at least my shoulder feels a little better. 

And I am super thankful for that! 

What are you thankful for this month? 

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Heating Pad, Thankfulness

via WordPress

Thankfulness, Heating Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment