Thursday, May 5, 2016

Thumbnails

This day, my son said, “Every time I look outside, it’s a different season.”  It snowed, rained, the wind blew, the sun shone (shined?), it was chilly, it got warm, it was generally insane.  It’s kind of hard to tell in the pic, but the sun was shining, while it was snowing, and there is a light layer of snow on the car.
Phone Pics 2016 D APR (1)

Flowering tree! 
Phone Pics 2016 D APR (9)

That gorgeous Passover moon!
Phone Pics 2016 D APR (19)

Hard to tell, but that is Mars in the upper right.  Directly below Mars is Antares, and to the left of them both, is Saturn.
0503160013

Jupiter was there too, he didn’t want to miss the party.  Hi Jupes!
0503160014

Soap!
0503161555

Creeping Phlox is creeping!  Hi baby Phlox offshoots!
0503161103

The haul.
0501161445a

Putting the garden together.  I am perhaps about a third of the way through at this point.
0503161950

The soap unmolded! 
20160505_113139

Tree!  A pretty, pink, flowering one, and it gave me a chance to play with the camera on my phone.
20160505_170321

Progress on the garden!  I actually got the rest of the pots finished today, but it was dark by then so I didn’t take any pictures.  Now I just have to address the plants that go in the ground, but that won’t be until tomorrow or Sat, probably Sat because it’ll be kind of hot tomorrow. 
20160505_173938

I have been a busy bee!  The planting week usually is.  And how does it happen that each year I buy just the plants I need, but I end up with more plants than I have pots for?  People have been so nice as they walk by when I’ve been out there working.  One gentleman even said, “I just want you to know that some people see and appreciate what you do.”  Wasn’t that nice?  Last year the manager remarked that she wished more tenants put half as much effort into their areas.  That made me feel good.  I know why they don’t though – there aren’t any private outside faucets to hook a hose up to.  No one wants to make multiple trips in and out with that heavy watering can, unless they really love gardening.  Watering with a hose has a kind of calming effect on me, I can totally zone out while hose-watering.  Not so much with the watering can.  But I love the flowers, so, multiple watering can trips.

However, busy in the garden means everything else has been neglected.  Which reminds me, I have to put a load in the dryer, oops!

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Thumbnails Tagged: Thumbnails

via WordPress

Thumbnails

No comments:

Post a Comment