Monday, June 1, 2015

Nature Monday

I went out to take my weekly garden pictures, and there was a little bird in a nearby tree making a lot of noise.  I looked to see if I could see him, and something about the view just struck me.  Something about the shade of blue, the contrast with the leaves of the tree behind the one that hasn’t leafed out yet, the combination of all those things, I couldn’t put my finger on it, but you know how sometimes you just get filled with that sense of, “My gosh, this is just perfect!”?  It’s a gorgeous day here, a rarity for sure!  The sky is clear, because the humidity is low, the temperatures are hovering in this range that is refreshing and crisp if you’re not wearing a sweater, but too hot if you are.  All my weather apps are saying we’re in the low 50s today.  There is this amazing sense of peace, somehow.

100_1086

Things are still growing pretty well!  The daisies are taking a break though.  I had to dead-head them so it’ll be a few days before they have blooms again.  But the daylilies are coming along!  Their buds keep swelling so it shouldn’t be too long now.

100_1058

This is one of my 2 favorites this week.  The colors!  And no, no color re-touching here!  I’m not that skilled with photo apps.  That’s how intense the colors really are.

100_1077

The is my other #1 contender for the week.  I love how I can smell the sweet alyssum now when I walk out the door.  And that purple potato vine in the back is starting to take off now and should start trailing really nice.  I love that!

100_1078

How’s your garden, or other hobby, coming along?  Are you pleased with the progress you’ve made?

Happy June 1st!

All rights reserved by Vanessence

Click to view slideshow.

 


Filed under: Garden Tagged: Garden, Gardening

via WordPress

Garden, Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment