Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Nature Monday

I feel like I have an explosion of pink this week!  Earlier weeks, the yellow flowers all seemed to be in bloom, now it’s the pink ones.  Still, everything seems to be doing really well, so I am thankful.  Today was another rainy day and I had to wait for it to stop before I could go out to take my weekly pictures.  By that time, there was a fairly gusty wind blowing and some of my pictures look blurry because of it. 

100_1163

I couldn’t decide on my favorite pot this week.  I love the urn shape of this pot in general – it’s just elegant to me.  I tend to put the spikes in this one because I love the arching look of them in this pot.  I love the airy asparagus fern in the back there, and I love the silvery Dusty Miller, and of course, my beloved Sweet Alyssum that emits such a glorious fragrance.  It’s looking nice and full and it really catches my eye and makes my heart smile when I see it.

100_1173

Then there’s this one with the Celosia.  This year is the best I’ve had them since I started this little garden venture here 2 or 3 seasons ago.  I think I’ve finally learned what they like and how to treat them.  They are really starting to come into their own, and getting nice and full, with even a couple of baby ones coming up in the middle.  They are finally happy to be in my garden and aren’t withering and dying off on me this time, and the colors are really bright.  They’re so feathery and soft when you touch them, like colorful poofs.

100_1188

After dinner, the sky turned odd colors of greenish and lavenderish hues.  It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a sky with those colors, in fact the last time I saw those colors, there were tornado warnings.  It’s been 20 or more years, but those kinds of colors in the sky do leave an impression.  Turns out there was some kind of geomagnetic storm that hit Earth this afternoon so if you see the Aurora Borealis, or your electronics stuff starts going wonky, now you know why.  Winking smile

Geomagnetic storm strikes Earth –

So how’s your garden growing this week?

All rights reserved by Vanessence

 


Filed under: Garden Tagged: Garden, Gardening

via WordPress

Garden, Gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment