Thursday, June 16, 2016

Email to Nowhere

Well, I did it.  I switched the email account attached to my WordPress.  I just can’t deal with the headache that losing Windows Live Mail is causing me anymore.  I had no idea that finding a replacement desktop email program would be such a flipping nightmare!  I mean, I still have to have something for my mail, but anything I’m looking at just isn’t going to be easy to work with.  Thanks, Microsoft!  That’s exactly how I didn’t want to spend my Summer vacation!

I liked having Windows Live Mail handle everything.  It meant I didn’t have to be online to go through and respond to comments.  Because that’s a nice touch, blogging through email.  I really like that WP offers that perk.  Now I’ll be doing that through Gmail.  And hey, if I’m on my phone, maybe I can use Google’s voice-to-text feature to respond, lol.  That might be a kick.  Because, you know doggone good and well I can’t type to save my life on a hand-held device of any kind.

I feel like for the last few years, every time I turn around another tech thing is breaking or shutting down.  Oh well.  At least now, I can focus a bit more on catching up with everyone in the blogosphere.  I’ve been so consumed with trying to fix this that I’ve become lax here.  Still have to find a replacement email solution before the end of the month, but I won’t feel the pressure, hopefully.

And I just remembered that I forgot (heh, how’s that for a line?!) to make Challah for tomorrow, so guess what I’m doing!  I can comment while the dough rises. 😀

xox

~~Vanessa

 


Filed under: Blogging, Daily Life, Uncategorized Tagged: Blogging, Tech Stuff

via WordPress

Blogging, Daily Life, Uncategorized, Tech Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment