Sunday, November 6, 2016

NanoPoblano Day #6

All rights reserved by Rarasaur

Sunday, lovely Sunday.  A day for rest and relaxation.  My husband calls them “Pre-Monday,” as it’s also a day of preparation for the upcoming week.  Get the work clothes laid out, that sort of thing.  So Sunday also has it’s downside.

The soap I made for him turned out nice.  The ladies shaving bars I was experimenting on are sitting behind me on the kid’s school table, smelling like pineapple candy.  Every time I lean back I can catch a sweet whiff.  I really need to put them into their basket but they smell so pretty I don’t want to, lol. 

I’m still trying to think of a possible name for a soaping business.  It’s too easy for me to be “cutesy” so I’m trying really hard to avoid anything like that.  I’m also debating whether or not I want a name that’s … how can I explain?  When you go to the store, you see soap, and almost none of the names have anything to do with soap, you know?  Dove, Ivory, Caress, Dial, etc.  And all those soaps are produced by larger corporations that you don’t even think of, names like Procter&Gamble, Johnson&Johnson, Gillette, Unilever, etc.  When I look around at soapers, I see some names that are soap related, names with words like suds or bubbles, things like that.  Ivory is only one soap of many produced by Procter&Gamble, and do I want a business named like a business like P&G, or a soap like Ivory?  These are the sorts of things I mull over.

Which also reminds me, for the record, most of the soaps I just listed aren’t even soap, they’re detergents, which is why handmade soap is so much better for your skin. 😀

Some of my son’s birthday presents have arrived already, yay!  Last year he didn’t get a present on his birthday because, while the Post Office said they’d delivered it, there was nothing in my box, and what a fiasco trying to sort that one out. 

I took some pictures for my Monday garden post, and wouldn’t you know it, I forgot to capture a specific angle I usually get.  D’oh!  By the time I realized that, the sun had already gone down so there was no quick running out to take it.  Tomorrow, I guess, right?  The garden should still be there. 😉

Happy Sunday!

All rights reserved by Vanessence

*****
#NanoPoblano
http://ift.tt/2ehfbDp
NanoPoblano, NanoPoblano2016, CheerPeppers, #CheerPeppers, #NaBloPoMo, TinyPeppers, #NanoPoblano, #TeamTinyPeppers,
*****




via WordPress

2016 NaBloPoMo, 2016 NanoPoblano, #CheerPeppers, #NaBloPoMo, NanoPoblano, NanoPoblano2016, TeamTinyPeppers, TinyPeppers

No comments:

Post a Comment