Friday, April 1, 2016

#atozchallenge Brought To You By The Letter A

In honor of this being the start of the A to Z Blog Challenge of 2016, I thought I’d choose the word, “About,” to tell you a little about myself, in case this is your first time here.  As bloggers, I think we love that about page on blogs.  I know it’s one of the first things I go to when I’m visiting a new blog.  It’s a little bit of advertising, a little bit introduction.  It’s a brief summary about the place you’re visiting. 

So why is, “Tell me a little about yourself,” so hard to do?  It’s not like we don’t know ourselves, right?  I mean, you know what you like, what you don’t like.  So why when someone asks us this simple little question, do we freeze up like deer caught in the headlights? 

It feels like high school speech class, doesn’t it?

Anyway, here’s my About page, coped and pasted below so you don’t have to click the link.  I chose labels, because that seemed to me to be the easiest way to get across who I am to someone who’s visiting here for the first time.  For which I thank you!

All rights reserved by Vanessence

About Vanessa

Well now … how to condense the sum of who I think I am? For a start, how about this:

  • Christian
  • American
  • Woman
  • Wife
  • Mother
  • Conservative
  • Republican

But I can tell you this much, set aside your preconceived notions of those things because I probably won’t fit your stereotypes.  Often we only really know how to define ourselves, or others, by the labels.  So these are my chosen labels.

In addition to the above:

  • Homeschool Mom
  • Homebirth Mom
  • California Native
  • Gardener
  • Reader
  • Tech Enthusiast
  • Coffee Drinker
  • LOLCats Fan
  • Camaro Enthusiast (mostly ’67-’69)
  • Rock & Roll fan
  • Geek
  • Dork
  • Wannabe soap-lotion-shampoo-maker
  • Sometime smart-alec who laughs at her own lame jokes because no one else will
  • Bronze medalist in the Foot-in-Mouth Games
  • Often klutzy
  • Usually boring
  • Always listening to the thoughts inside my head.
Favorite Quotes
  • There’s no such thing as a chicken knife.

  • This too shall pass.

But wait there’s more!

I’ll let you know when I remember it. Winking smile

 

 #AtoZChallenge 

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge
Filed under: A-Z Blog Challenge Tagged: 2016, A-Z Blog Challenge

via WordPress

A-Z Blog Challenge, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment