Wednesday, April 13, 2016

#atozchallenge Brought To You By The Letter K

Did you know there are no prepositions that begin with the letter K?  *sigh* 

This is not going to be easy! 

There aren’t any conjunctions, either.  Few interjections.  Oh sure, kablam and kerfuffle, but I’d like to use a word that I use in real life, mmkay?  Okay.  OK!

Kicky!  

Yes, I have resorted to slang.  But it’s a word I use, especially when I’m talking about a song I really like.  “Oh what a kicky tune!”  I have no idea where I picked it up.  I remember the old American Bandstand show, and all the kids would describe a song as, “It’s got a good beat, you can dance to it.”  Even as a little girl I got sick of hearing that every week.  Kicky is probably some kind of slang for ‘kicking up your heels’ or something like that, and sounds better, I think.  Kinda.

KINDA!  Oh there’s a K word!  Well, still slang but holy cow do I say that a lot! 

I suppose this is what “stream of consciousness” writing is like, just popping off with whatever comes into your head.  Yeah, no, I don’t think I’m very comfortable with that!  I’m sure you aren’t comfortable with my stream of consciousness writing either, lol.  I’m one of those types that has to censor everything that comes out of my mouth, or fingers, because there are consequences if I don’t. 

So I will knock it off!  There’s another K-phrase, one I used to say to my kids quite a bit when they were little and wanted to scream like banshees.  I used to tell my son he had a pterodactyl yell.  It wasn’t so bad during the day, but in the evening, good pterodactyls need to be quiet.  Winking smile

I have fulfilled my obligations to the letter K, may it, and you!, forgive me for my irreverence. 

***** 

All rights reserved by Vanessence

*****

 #AtoZChallenge 

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge
Filed under: A-Z Blog Challenge Tagged: #atozchallenge, A-Z Blog Challenge

via WordPress

A-Z Blog Challenge, #atozchallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment