Saturday, April 16, 2016

#atozchallenge Brought To You By The Letter N

Word of the Day: Near

Near apoplexy, that’s how I feel.  The lady at the company I ordered a product from hung up on me when I told her I wanted to cancel the automatic billing account I never agreed to.  I don’t do well with “talk to the hand.”  She wouldn’t even let me speak!  Kept up her monologue and then hung up!  If she’d been physically near me … well those are consequences I don’t want to think about!  Grrr!  Now I’ll have to call the bank and get the charges reversed through them.

And then the oven died.  Well, near death.  The stove works, but the oven igniter stopped.  So my roast has to be cooked on the stovetop.  It’s too near dinnertime for us to be able to eat it today.

My husband says this is as near to being wound up as he’s seen me in years.

The poor maintenance guy, he was here when I was on the phone with that company.  I was in the bedroom with the door closed and when I came out my husband said, “V– is here.”  Of course, I couldn’t see him because he was on the floor in the kitchen so I thought my husband meant that V– had gone to get a part or something, so there I was ranting and then V– stood up and said, “Woooeee, don’t be mad at me, please!, but your oven igniter is broken.”  I hugged him.  “Never mad at you, V–!  You’re my #1 dependable go-to guy!”  He’s never seen me that near fury either, even though he’s been here to fix broken things, like water heaters and sink faucets with water spewing everywhere.

I do not like being upset.  I don’t like being anywhere near upset.  Upset and I don’t do well together.

Well, it’s very near dinner now and we need to figure out where and what we’re going to eat.  Hopefully soon I’ll be near enough to calm that the food won’t upset my stomach.  Does that happen to you?  Does intense emotion mess with your stomach?  I hate that.

Inner peace.  I need some.  Maybe I’ll find it near.

*****

All rights reserved by Vanessence

*****

 #AtoZChallenge 

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge
Filed under: A-Z Blog Challenge Tagged: #atozchallenge, A-Z Blog Challenge

via WordPress

A-Z Blog Challenge, #atozchallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment