Wednesday, April 27, 2016

#atozchallenge Brought To You By The Letter W

Word of the Day: When

I know “when” isn’t a preposition, but it can be used as a conjunction, so … since W falls on a Wednesday this year for the A-Z Blog Challenge, I figured I’d jump at the change to use “when.” 

I have this series sort of thing that I like to do, called Whensday.  I started it a few years ago on my old blog, and have continued it on my current one.  They’re posts that are memories I have, mostly from childhood but sometimes later.  They typically start out, “I remember when …” and I only do them on Wednesdays.  Naturally.

What popped into my head this time was a little scrap of paper that used to be on the fridge when I was a girl.  It said, “When you’re knee deep in alligators is no time to remember that you should have drained the swamp.”  I think my older sister drew it, along with a cartoony alligator, and put it up there.  I remember thinking it was funny.  I didn’t really understand.  I took it literally. 

Now it makes perfect sense, of course. 

It was such a silly expression that I never forgot it, and I think I’ve kind of tried to apply it to my life, in some ways.  Of course, you can’t foresee every eventuality, but you can do your best to be prepared as much as you can.  Sometimes you can’t, crap happens and all that.  But you try. 

I did realize, however, that I didn’t need to carry it all in my purse.  Winking smile

***** 

All rights reserved by Vanessence

*****

 #AtoZChallenge 

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge
Filed under: A-Z Blog Challenge Tagged: #atozchallenge, A-Z Blog Challenge

via WordPress

A-Z Blog Challenge, #atozchallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment