Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thankfulness

I almost forgot!  It’s time for my regular thankfulness post!  Once a month I try to find something small, something taken for granted, to be thankful for. 

Today, as I was rinsing off my tallow, after its 4th washing, I set it on cooling racks to dry off.  Nothing fancy, just your ordinary gridded cookie cooling racks.  And I realized how glad I was that I had them, because I didn’t want to set all that tallow down where air couldn’t get to it to dry it off.

0414162225

When I got them, I never realized how much I’d use them.  I use them for their intended use of course, cooling homemade cookies, but I also use them for drying things, like my bricks of tallow, or bars of homemade soap.  I use them to cool cake layers, as large trivets, anything I might want raised to keep from scorching the counter, or anything I might want to get extra air circulation.  They’re a little thing, I mean, you don’t really think about cooling racks, do you?  I never did, never even had any until I was an adult.  Now they’re so useful and handy I don’t know how I ever got along without them.

0414162226a

Is there something you’re thankful for?

All rights reserved by Vanessence


Filed under: Thankfulness Tagged: Cooling Racks, Tallow, Thankfulness

via WordPress

Thankfulness, Cooling Racks, Tallow

No comments:

Post a Comment